National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM) is an annual observance held in August to highlight the importance of vaccination. All adults should get vaccines to protect their health. Even healthy adults can become seriously ill, and can pass certain illnesses on to others. Talk to your Medicare patients about vaccines they may need.
For More Information:
- Medicare Part B Immunization Billing: Seasonal Influenza Virus, Pneumococcal, and Hepatitis B Educational Tool
- Mass Immunizers and Roster Billing: Simplified Billing for Influenza Virus and Pneumococcal Vaccinations Fact Sheet
- Vaccine and Vaccine Administration Payments Under Medicare Part D Fact Sheet
- Medicare Preventive Services Educational Tool
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention NIAM website
- NIAM Toolkit
Visit the Preventive Services website to learn more about Medicare-covered services.